Thursday, January 13, 2005
      ( 10:29 PM ) Rebecca  
So you want to know about my love life, do you?

OK, I've said it before and I'll say it again: I'm going to die old and alone.

What more do you need to know really? Maybe the reason I haven't talked about it it because it's just the same old sh*t, over and over. Just insert different acronyms.

And can I say I don't believe in astrology anymore? Way back in September, my horoscope promised me 13 months of "romantic bliss." Now I admit there have been moments of true bliss since then. But these moments s have been surrounded by a whole heaping helping of turmoil; I would venture to say more turmoil, than I've been through in a long-a*s time.

But, I've said it before and I'll say it again, WHATever. I have a book to write and I don't have time to mope around. Deadlines don't wait for broken hearts to heal. Oh sure, the publisher gets a clause written into the contract for Acts of God, etc, but me? I have my deadline and I have to meet it, come what may.

Meanwhile, not only do I work in a windowless office, soon I will be living in a bubble. Yes, my new and beloved condo will soon be - ahem - "tented" from head to toe for an entire f*cking year. I knew this was a possibility, but I hoped, prayed, that maybe they would do half at a time or some reasonable sh*t like that. In addition, I have to fork over a whole lot of dough so they can do this construction and cut off the light from my big south-facing skywall, my source of sustenance, my view of the Sound.

Perfect! Maybe I can move back in with A. and J, they who sheltered me during the Great Unpleasantess, who've seen me through many a Minor Unpleasantness, who are always there, rock solid, feeding babies and making peanut butter sandwiches.

They have windows, and I know they'll do anything to get a bigger part in the book.

| #
E-mail Breakup Babe






My novel BreakupBabe is out! You can buy it here.

Check out my author blog here, and my new personal blog here.


Photo by Bradley Hanson

This blog was the inspiration for my novel. It helped me get through a horrible breakup and kept me entertained for years. But all good things must come to an end. I will recycle oldies but goodies from the archives here, but will blog about about writing here, and about all kinds of other stuff here.

The Nice Peeps Who Link to Me

Powered by Blogger