Thursday, March 04, 2004
      ( 10:00 AM ) Rebecca  
After a pleasant evening spent conversing with my insightful friend Guypal #1, I have come to see an essential truth about my dating behavior that I did not see before:

I am effed up.

I can attract men but not keep them. At least not the ones I want.

I go into every dating situation assuming it's not going to work out, assuming the guy is a jerk, assuming they won't want me.

So is it such a surprise that that usually happens? Someone famous said something smart like "Attitude determines outcome." Well if that's true no wonder I usually end up crying in my beer.

Here's what I want. I want to be in control without being detached. I want to be assertive without being pushy. I don't want to have a nervous breakdown because some guy hasn't sent me an e-mail in the last two hours. I don't want to freak out because things aren't going exactly how I think they should go.

I want to have patience.

I want to go into each situation knowing - and remembering this - I am very worthy of someone's love. And sometimes, I don't know why, I forget this very simple fact.
| #
E-mail Breakup Babe






My novel BreakupBabe is out! You can buy it here.

Check out my author blog here, and my new personal blog here.


Photo by Bradley Hanson

This blog was the inspiration for my novel. It helped me get through a horrible breakup and kept me entertained for years. But all good things must come to an end. I will recycle oldies but goodies from the archives here, but will blog about about writing here, and about all kinds of other stuff here.

The Nice Peeps Who Link to Me

Powered by Blogger