Monday, January 26, 2004
      ( 6:29 PM ) Rebecca  
Well praise be. I met someone I actually kind of like. Who seems to like me back.


  • Who doesn’t work with me.

  • Who’s more than 15 years old.

  • Who’s not in “crisis” mode.

  • Who appears not to be depressed.

  • Who I can actually imagine kissing.

  • Who has “oomph” and energy (due to third bullet point)



Of course, it’s much too soon to tell anything. Anything is possible. He could be:


  • Noncomittal

  • Sociopathic

  • A bad kisser

  • Secretly gay



And believe me, I’ve dated people in all those categories. Plus, maybe I’ll decide:


  • I’m not actually attracted to him

  • We’re not “intellectually compatible”

  • We’re not “sexually” compatible

  • We’re not compatible in any way




But for now, heck, maybe I’m coming out of the slump. Could it be?

I’m seeing him again tomorrow, so tune in to see if I get my first base hit of the season.





| #
E-mail Breakup Babe






My novel BreakupBabe is out! You can buy it here.

Check out my author blog here, and my new personal blog here.


Photo by Bradley Hanson

This blog was the inspiration for my novel. It helped me get through a horrible breakup and kept me entertained for years. But all good things must come to an end. I will recycle oldies but goodies from the archives here, but will blog about about writing here, and about all kinds of other stuff here.

The Nice Peeps Who Link to Me

Powered by Blogger