Thursday, December 18, 2003
      ( 9:24 AM ) Rebecca  
So, yesterday I indulged myself and bought a very cute alpaca hat. After all, I am wearing hats even more than usual now, due to my bad 80s haircut. (And no, Lotus, I haven't started wearing my retainer or leg warmers again - although I did have some hip purple sparkly ones back in the day!)

This hat was 40 bucks, which is way too expensive for a hat -- especially because I'll probably lose it. Not to mention, it's from Peru, which means that it would have cost me, oh, $5-$10 if I bought it in Peru - maybe even less!

But, after beating myself up over this purchase, I decided to look at it this way instead: A plane ticket to Peru would probably cost about $800. So really, I've actually saved myself at least $760 on this hat (and really, more, if you count all the the lodging and traveling costs I would have to pay in Peru!)

Now that's a pretty substantial savings, if I do say so myself.
| #
E-mail Breakup Babe






My novel BreakupBabe is out! You can buy it here.

Check out my author blog here, and my new personal blog here.


Photo by Bradley Hanson

This blog was the inspiration for my novel. It helped me get through a horrible breakup and kept me entertained for years. But all good things must come to an end. I will recycle oldies but goodies from the archives here, but will blog about about writing here, and about all kinds of other stuff here.

The Nice Peeps Who Link to Me

Powered by Blogger